Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A Presidential Marriage

I'm watching my new favorite show, Commander-in-Chief, and I just have to say that I love the relationship between Gina Davis' character Mackenzie Allen and her husband, Rod. It is rare on TV to see a couple that respects each other, obviously helps each other through things in life. and stays married through it all. The drama always seems to be in having them betray each other or lie to each other. Marriage just isn't portrayed as sexy or interesting for the most part, especially in TV dramas. I'm a big believer in role models, that what we see, what we're shown over and over again, shapes what we think, how we act, who we become. Watching a couple who portrays a strong, passionate, loving marriage, who fight, make love, and have deep discussions, may just lead some people to rethink their idea of marriage. Or maybe they'll just wish they look more like Gina Davis. I certainly do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home