Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I am thankful for...

Lilian at Mama(e) in Translation has "tagged" me with a meme that is perfect for the season. So I better get it written before Thanksgiving itself totally takes over my life.

10 Things I'm Thankful For: (these are not in a particular order)

1. My husband, my soul mate and my best friend. Though marriage hasn't always been an easy road and we've had to find our way back to each other more times than I'd like to admit, he's still the only man I'd even consider spending the rest of my life with.
2. My kids, who each drive me nuts in their own way. Being a mom has been an incredible experience. Being mom to the wonder kids who make me laugh and rage all in thirty seconds flat is something I wouldn't trade for anything.
3. My faith. I have always had an intensely personal realtionship with God. Jesus is my beloved. Call it a crutch if you must but there is no way I would have gotten through my life without it. And I wouldn't want it any other way.
4. My calling. God has hounded me for more years than I can count to finally and totally devote my working life to the church. Finally I am giving in and going to seminary. I am thankful God cared enough to call me to something and oh so grateful that I have some talent to make it work.
5. All the wonderful, incredible things that I have - a house, possesions, food, a computer. So many have so little and I can often get wrapped up in thinking that I need so much more than I already have. Really, I have all I need.
6. My insane family who I love but exhaust me. I am thankful that they love me. No really, I am. I just need to remember that to survive the next few days.
7. Autism. This may sound odd to many people but so much of what I have learned about myself and how to better look at the world has been from dealing with Q's autism. It has been eye opening to say the least. And while I would never wish autism on anyone, it can have many gifts, if you open your eyes to them.
8. Animals. I love animals, especially pets but really all animals. Being able to share my life with two cats and a dog has made it so much richer (though a whole lot hairer).
9. Good friends. Though I wish I had more of them and I wish more of them lived near me, it is good to have friends who love me. That includes my blogging friends I have met online.
10. The ability to sing. I sing whenever I can because I love it. It makes me feel alive. I love music and am thankful for being able to listen to it and sometimes create it.

10 Things I'm Hopeful For

1. I hope that DH and I can continue to build our relationship and get stronger every day.
2. I hope that as my kids get older it will be easier to take care of them and still stay sane.
3. I hope that going to seminary and working at the same time doesn't kill me or that we can find some other way to pay for childcare so that I can stop working.
4. I hope that we somehow get enough money to at least stop adding to our debt if not starting to pay it off somehow.
5. I hope that my mom will find her purpose in life, embrace it and stop being so miserable all the time.
6. I hope that Q will continue to figure out ways to be successful while still being who he is.
7. I hope that C will get over the "terrible twos" soon. Ok NOW!!!
8. I hope that I can build better friendships with people I love but don't see or talk to nearly as much as I'd like.
9. I hope that this insane world stops its downward spiral and that we figure out ways to settle issues without killing people.
10. I hope that people everywhere become aware of how blessed we are and start to share what we have with others as we are able.

As we enter into "The Holidays" I am really starting to get excited. I love this time of year and am looking forward to enjoying it as much as possible.

What are you thankful for? Mrs. Coulter I'm talking to you. Tag, you're it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home