Monday, November 14, 2005

Learning to cook

No, not me. I'm not learning to cook. C is. Or at least she's trying to learn from me. (She doesn't know yet that I can't cook.) Tonight as I was making dinner (a yummy pasta dish with a lot of garlic) C was watching and "helping". Her new thing lately is to sit up on the countertop as I cook. She wants to see what I'm doing and have me explain it. "What's that Mommy? What you doing Mommy? Is that an egg?(No it was garlic but it did kind of look like an egg.) I want to see!!!"

I can't remember ever watching my mom cook when I was little. Well to be honest my mom didn't cook when I was little. We lived with my grandparents or ate with my grandparents. And I sometimes watched my grandmother but not nearly enough. I never really learned to cook that way. I wish I would have.

So when C begs to sit up on that counter I let her pull over the chair and climb up so I can show her what little I know. And maybe she'll learn something and maybe not, but in the meantime it is a wonderful mother-daughter moment. Of course she was using my spare spatula like a hammer on the counter but you can't have everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home